Saturday, March 30, 2013

What Do You Mean It Is A Fuse

 

A light flickers then they all go out. Then they come back on, then they all go out again. And you wonder why? Now I know.


No worries about electricity in most houses - this is all you
have to cook with

 I was walking through the electrical parts section of the city and this is what I saw. Is it any wonder Chandigarh, and India in general has problems with electrical currents?

I won't miss cooking on an old hot plate with an old pot without a handle. I am looking forward to getting back to a decent kitchen again.

I've long gone through all the freeze-dried food and protein bars. Now we are down to a last pack or two of jelly beans and chewing gum.

Our latest visitor- a highly poisonous snake according to the nearby caretaker. Quite frankly, I don't want to know how toxic this snake is.








A small box on a tile wall for puga, or worshipping an idol with flowers, lit candles
and small sacrifices of food. 
Life Goes Back to Normal 
No trip is complete with out at least one plumbers butt!

The local baker was not exempt from Holi. He stands in front of sweets made just for the holiday that are
shaped like some of our Sephardic foods but taste like Greek baklava.

I don't think there is an open container law in India. This guy tried to sell it to me literally from his motorcycle. No thanks,
I don't like to drink and auto rickshaw.




No comments:

Post a Comment